“Joy and gladness will be found in her,
thanksgiving and the sound of singing.”
Isaiah 51:3 (NIV)
Isaiah 51:3 (NIV)
I am very thankful to the Lord!
1. Joshua injured one of his toes on his left foot (no, believe it or not, not playing tackle football) and it was just a “subtle chip fracture” not requiring any special attention! His x-ray was Friday 10/9, which is a day school was closed for in-service ! “Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise Your glorious name.” 1 Chronicles 29:13
2. Gabrielle’s teeth and bones were all protected by the Lord when she “went too fast” over a neighbor’s bike ramp and she flipped on her bike. Her precious face met with the sidewalk very hard. God protected her teeth and bones! Her beautiful face was scraped up and bloody, but it could have been a lot worse. We are so thankful. (Also thankful that Mommy’s heart kept beating when I heard her blood-curdling scream all the way inside our kitchen.) “The hand of our God was on us, and He protected us…” Ezra 8:31
3. For “Aunt Anne” (my sister) who loves our cherubs so much. She is “fun personified”, and they love her with their whole hearts. They could see her ten times in one day and get just as excited to see her each time.
“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.” 1 John 4:16
4. For my bloggy friend, Jill, who designed my “Simple Pleasures Saturday” button (in 10 minutes flat)! Thank you, Jill! Here is Jill’s design site: http://mydesigningsite.blogspot.com/ “He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers…all of them master craftsmen and designers.” Exodus 35:35
5. For the 6 AM Wednesday morning men’s Bible study/prayer group at our friends’ home in which my husband participates. They call themselves “The God Squad”. So thankful for my husband’s godly friends and that he is an awesome, godly friend to them, too. “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17
6. For my sister-friends who love on me lavishly in prayer and by keeping the bar raised high. “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” James 5:16
7. For God’s faithfulness in confirming to me over and over that He establishes the work of our hands! “May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands.” Psalm 90:17
Share your thankful heart with us today!
I love you Sharon.
Thanking God your cherubs are OK!
I'm sharing my thankful heart this morning too – it will be up soon!
OH OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!
Runner Mom says
I too am thankful that the cherubs are ok after their excitement this week! Bless your heart!
Beautiful post, Sharon! Thanks for sharing these with us. Y'all have a great day, my friend!
Nikki (Sarah) says
liked reading this. Glad your kids are ok. Nothing serious. Sarah
Yay – you came back for more Thankful Thursday! I was late publishing today, but finally got mine done.
I love how you have a verse for each thankful thing. And the song was perfect! You are so clever.
I'm glad the kids are okay, looks like a stressful week, but so wonderful to see God was protecting from worse things. Have a great day!
Valencia Jones-Edwards says
You have so much to be tyhankful for!! I love the idea of a mens study group!!
Greg C says
Thank you God for protecting the children. Or should I say Cherubs. 🙂 that made me laugh. I have heard that somewhere before.
christy rose says
Great thankful post Sharon!! I am so glad that both of your children were protected by the Lord.
Danae Hudson says
That is a wonderful list!!
Real Time Prayers says
You are always so positive and I thank God for sending me into your life to teach me how to be thankful in spite of my circumstance. I pray for a little bit of you to be placed in me. I know we all have our crosses to bare but that part of you that is always upbeat and positive I wouldn’t mind having a little taste. Blessings to you email@example.com
Sonya Lee Thompson says
What a beautiful Thankful list this week! I am so glad that your children were protected and that your husband is pursuing God with his heart!
Sharron I love your Thankful Thursdays! I am going to share this with my bible study buddies and pray that the Lord would make us thankful in all circumstances!Thank you for being a blessing: )
I love your thankful heart. Encourages me to look for thankfulness. My son was sharing a devotional he wrote today at his school on thankfulness (Public School). Thankful for his opportunity to share about Christ and how we can be thankful, not for everything, but in everything because of our precious Savior.
Your blog is beautiful! I am glad your kids are ok. Have a blessed day
Real Time Prayers says
I have something else to be thankful for came home from work and my house was broken into. My 15 year old asked if my dad could pick him up from school so he wasn't here came home a little latter than normal and missed everything. Praise God we were not harmed